Whipper Billy Watson Park Playground and Park Improvements
The Town of Newmarket has identified an opportunity to provide playground structure and park improvements at Whipper Watson Park (near Clearmeadow Boulevard) during Summer 2018 as part of our commitment to provide our residents with beautiful, enjoyable, accessible and safe parklands. The work will begin this fall on September 4th 2018.
Whipper Watson Park improvements include:
• New playground structure to replace existing playground structure
• Playground surfacing to be changed to engineered wood fibre for accessibility needs
• Existing trails to be converted to asphalt
• Accessibility ramp to be installed from the asphalt trail to the playground surfacing
• Installation of new park furniture around the playground, trails and ball diamond
• Basketball area to be resurfaced
• Forestry work to be completed near the parking
By working together, sharing information, ideas and being engaged in our community, we can achieve results for Ward 6 together.