Winter Parking Regulations effective November 1
Residents are reminded that as of November 1, it is prohibited to park a vehicle on any roadway in Newmarket between the hours of 2 a.m. and 6 a.m. Any motor vehicle found on the roadway may be subject to a fine of $75. Call the Town at 905-895-5193 for more information.
Year Round Parking Regulations
- No vehicle is permitted to park for more than three consecutive hours on any street in Newmarket except between the hours of 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. unless otherwise posted
- No vehicle shall park within two feet of a driveway or laneway
- Vehicles are not permitted to park on or over sidewalks, or over boulevards located between the sidewalk and roadway, including driveway ramps
- No person is permitted to park a vehicle on private property without the consent of the owner or occupant of the property
- Vehicles are not permitted to park within 10 feet of a fire hydrant
- Parking in prohibited areas, facing the wrong direction is not permitted on any Town street
- Parking of trucks in excess of 2,500 kg (2.7 tonnes) on any residential street is not permitted
- Parking or stopping on designated fire routes is not permitted
- Parking a vehicle in a space designated for disabled persons without displaying a valid disabled person's permit
- Parking and stopping is prohibited on all front yards or side yards unless permitted under the Town's Zoning By-law
- Parking and stopping is prohibited on the Town's boulevards unless exempt by a Town of Newmarket By-law
Winter Parking Regulations
Residents are reminded that as of November 1, it is strictly prohibited to park a vehicle on any roadway so as to interfere with the clearing of snow.
Any motor vehicle found on the roadway between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. from November 1 to April 15 may be subject to a fine of $75 under the Town of Newmarket Parking By-law 1993-62 section 10(I).
Parking exemptions may be granted for driveway repairs or vehicle breakdowns. To obtain a parking exemption, contact the Customer Service Department at 905-895-5193 and provide the following information:
- Phone number
- Licence plate #
- Make of vehicle
- Length of time
Please note that exemptions are restricted during winter months beginning November 1, continuing to April 15 and become void if snow removal and/or winter road maintenance operations become necessary.
By working together, sharing information, ideas and being engaged in our community we can achieve results for Ward 6 together.