VIVANEXT Construction Activity
Yonge Street Construction Activity - telecommunications relocation
VIvanext update via Sophia Bittar
Community Liaison, Project Specialist
YORK REGION RAPID TRANSIT CORPORATION l www.vivanext.com
3601 Highway 7, Twelfth Floor, Markham, ON L3R 0M3
T. 905.886.6767 Ext. 71116 | 1 877 464 9675 | F. 905 886 6969 | C. 905 806 0713
Telecommunications work continues on Yonge Street as Bell contractor mobilize their crews on the west side of Yonge from just south of Sawmill Valley Drive to Mulock Drive on March 1st, 2016.
Please see below for more information.
Dates: Tuesday, March 1, 2016 for approximately four weeks.
Hours of work: 7am to 7pm
Work locations: Crews will be working on the boulevards along the west side of Yonge Street from just south of Sawmill Valley Drive to Mulock Drive.
Description of work:
Crews will be digging an open trench that will encase telecommunication wires underground, along the west side of Yonge Street.
· There will be a temporary southbound curb lane closure around the work area.
· Wherever possible, sidewalks will remain open. If a sidewalk is closed, directional signage will be on site to guide pedestrians.
· Access to businesses will be maintained in work areas.
· Where bus stops are affected, directional signs will guide pedestrians to the nearest open bus stop.
· Traffic control staff and paid duty officers will be on site as required.
· There will be construction-related noise from equipment and trucks.
· Some weekend work may be required.
Businesses have been notified and a construction bulletin has been issued.